Jakarta, Otojatim.com - PT Hyundai Motors Indonesia (HMID) participated in the Indonesia Electric Motor Show (IEMS) 2021, an event that supports the electric vehicle and its components producers to develop the EV ecosystem of Indonesia.
The event itself is held from 24-26 November 2021 in ORPPT-BRIN Management Building, Puspiptek Area, Serpong. With the theme of “Innovation for Better Future e-Mobility'', the IEMS 2021 will present an exhibition, talkshow, as well as product presentation on the Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV) category.
This event will be another opportunity for Hyundai to further introduce its innovations for the global EV ecosystem, including Indonesia, which are: KONA Electric, Hyundai Mobile Charging Service, IONIQ 5, and E-GMP (Electric-Global Modular Platform).
Makmur, Chief Operating Officer PT Hyundai Motors Indonesia, stated, “IEMS 2021 shared a similar vision with Hyundai in Indonesia, which is to accelerate the development of the EV ecosystem in the country, hence we are excited in supporting this event. IEMS 2021 is a good platform for us to further educate the society about the benefits of electric vehicles, and to familiarize our innovations for the EV ecosystem in Indonesia. In this event, Hyundai once again proves its position as the game-changer in the automotive industry.”
Innovative Product and Services for EV in Indonesia
Since the beginning of its presence in Indonesia, Hyundai has immediately initiated the electrification era by presenting its flagship EV products to the Indonesian market and received many positive responses from Indonesia’s automotive lovers.
Hyundai also brings one of those products to the IEMS 2021, KONA Electric. KONA Electric has a bold, progressive design and adventurous personality, as well as has become an icon in its segment whereas the design gives the car a sleek, sophisticated look while keeping its robust signature style.
The exterior design of this SUV is enhanced with various improvements that make it even more attractive to customers who live an active lifestyle.
The visitors of IEMS 2021 can simply enjoy the distinguished experience when driving an electric vehicle, which is KONA Electric by Hyundai, by requesting a test-drive at the IEMS 2021.
To optimize customers’ satisfaction in owning its electric vehicles, Hyundai for sure has prepared a series of comprehensive after sales programs, one of the most well-known services called Hyundai Mobile Charging Service, a service that is part of the “Hyundai Datang ke Mana Saja” service program offering free of charge recharging services to all Hyundai EV customers during emergency situations.
This Vehicle-to-Vehicle (V2V) charging solution will utilize KONA Electric unit which is equipped with a specially made converter as a donor car to ensure customers could charge whenever and wherever within the scope of service coverage. This service program will be supported by the technician team; thus, Hyundai loyal customers' can enjoy their daily mobility without worry.
Preparing the Future EV Ecosystem for Indonesia
At IEMS 2021, Hyundai also presents what will become the future of the EV ecosystem it prepared for the global market, they are IONIQ 5 and E-GMP. IONIQ 5 is built upon Hyundai Motor Group’s dedicated BEV architecture called Electric-Global Modular Platform (E-GMP), enabling it to have unique proportions on an elongated wheelbase.
With E-GMP, IONIQ 5 offers innovative interior design with eco-friendly materials in many touchpoints, strong performance mated with ultra- fast charging and a Vehicle-to-Load (V2L) function as well as advanced connectivity and driver assistance features that will offer the ultimate in-car experience while ensuring safety.
IONIQ 5 will be the first electric vehicle from Hyundai that will be produced in Indonesia in the future.
As for the E-GMP itself will provide many benefits to EV using it, they are:
- Enables various product configurations through modularization and standardization,
- Provides smoother and more stable driving sensation,
- Assures stability and durability with a sturdy body structure, and
- Provides a distinguished exterior ambience and maximizes its usage.
On the other hand, the essence of E-GMP is:
- Compact: Designed to be more compact to optimize space and weight.
- Efficient: Improves unique power efficiency where battery capacity remains the same but allows longer driving mileage, while developing coil structure ignition technology.
- Stress-free charging: In just 18 minutes from the start, it can add up to 100km of range in 5 minutes.
- Fun to drive: The battery can provide power to the rear electric motor, while certain models will also include a front traction motor.
- Vehicle to Load (V2L): E-GMP provides V2L function that can supply general power (110v/220V) to the outside of the vehicle through the Integrated Charging Control Unit (ICCU) and vehicle charging management system (VCMS) without additional devices.
Sales & After Sales Program
Hyundai Motors Indonesia has prepared a series of after-sales programs, such as:
- 24 Hours Hyundai Call Center at 0-800-1-878-878
- Basic warranty 3 years or 100,000 km (whichever comes first)
- Free maintenance service fee for up to 5 years or 75,000 km (whichever comes first & only for the service fee)
- Free 24 hours Roadside Assistance (via Hyundai Call Center at 0-800-1-878-878)
- Free 24H Emergency Mobile Charging Service during warranty period (through Call Center Hyundai at 0-800-1-878-878 & applicable in Jabodetabek, Bandung, and Surabaya)
- Service program Hyundai Datang ke Mana Saja (through Call Center Hyundai at 0-800- 1-878-878)
- Electric Vehicles Battery warranty 8 Years/160,000 km (for EV Customers)
- Free AC Home Charger and installation (for every purchase of Hyundai Electric Vehicle)
- Free portable charger (for every purchase of Hyundai Electric Vehicle)
Visit the Hyundai Motors Indonesia booth at IEMS 2021, ORPPT-BRIN Management Building, Puspiptek Area, Serpong, from 24-26 November 2021 to see directly the EV ecosystem that Hyundai is promoting.
For further information related to Hyundai's latest activities and products, please visit HMID's official website at www.hyundai.com/id/id or through various social media channels: Instagram HyundaiMotorIndonesia Youtube Hyundai Motors Indonesia, Facebook Hyundai Motors Indonesia, and Twitter @HyundaiMotorID.(*)